Tube Specialties, a comprehensive tube and pipe fabrication company with plants in Oregon, North Carolina and Mexico, provides the highest quality, yet most cost effective service in the industry. Since 1963, TSCO has been a leading supplier to OEM’s in a variety of industries. Today, we serve a customer base as diverse as our services, with clients in the automotive, trucking, heavy equipment, medical, and outdoor recreation industries, to name a few.
We are seeking an experienced Shipping Supervisor with a background in manufacturing.
Responsible for the daily supervision of shipping operations and coordination of operation activities including shipping, returns, data entry, line sequencing and boxing. Studies and standardizes procedures and recommends improvement efficiencies. Directs responsibility in helping to achieve and exceed performance metric objectives.
- Supervision and accountability for shipping activities and personnel
- Report and resolve non-conforming issues.
- Walk the floor daily, making sure it is organized and ready for auditing purposes.
- Maintain inventory, to include wooden pallets, cardboard boxes and any other packaging supply.
- Restock shipping supplies such as tape, labels, staples, ribbons, etc.
- Complete scheduled daily workload and tasks in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all training procedures and filing.
- Update and implement packaging guidelines.
- Update communication/memo bulletin boards.
- Ensure that customer requested delivery dates are met for all product shipments.
- Responsible for overseeing the generation of appropriate shipping documents, BOL’s, commercial invoices, and packing lists as required.
- Coordinate and participate in department training activities.
- Responsible for performing audits of completed shipments and kits to ensure that they are correct and complete.
- Tally control on outbound shipments for accuracy.
- Turn in machinery and forklift equipment reports.
- Secure department at end of day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have initiative to take ideas and direction and convert to workable solutions with minimal direction.
- Have a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Good organizational skills to prioritize and execute multiple work activities.
- Good personal skills to develop good relationships with plant personnel.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in the use and training of all quality department equipment and tools.
- Proficient in SAP a must.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience leading a shipping department is highly desirable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand and walk approximately eight hours per day.
- Ability to lift parts up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push, pull, raise and lower parts between tables and baskets, some as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Ability to see for reviewing parts.
- Ability to hear for communicating with employees.
Please send your resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Facility: Troutdale, Oregon/Statesville, NC
Reports To: Plant Manage/Director of Engineering
Job Grade: Exempt
The Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities involve managing, planning and coordination of all maintenance activities. This position will oversee and direct employees, provide hands-on management and supervision including monitoring compliance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. Must have demonstrated leadership skills, excellent technical skills and a commitment to service excellences. As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of a maintenance service team to ensure that all upkeep, inventory and repair of equipment, facilities and properties are completed in an efficient manner. Manages setup and installation of new equipment in plant.
- Responsible for all equipment and facility maintenance activities as related to expenses, keeping proper records, maintaining inventory of spare parts, and controlling numerous open purchase order accounts.
- Coordinate procurement of supplies and materials to perform required duties effectively and efficiently.
- Promotion and implementation of an effective safety and environmental program to ensure safe working conditions and compliance to company standards.
- Keep abreast of latest technical developments in work methods, materials and equipment as related to facilities maintenance.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program through the utilization of key performance indicators.
- Train, develop and supervise maintenance technicians to carry out plant and facilities maintenance as required.
- Work with other departments to resolve problems affecting machinery, equipment, buildings and grounds that would affect timely shipments of orders.
- Suggest changes in work process flow to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Responsible for working with engineering and operations when planning equipment installation and alterations, propose upgrades to existing machinery when needed.
- Supervise and coordinate plant and equipment maintenance and repair. Ensure that all repairs and projects are done in a safe and timely manner.
- Develop technical training and other maintenance practices that is consistent with the reduction of unplanned downtime.
- Identify and solve leading downtime contributors.
- Evaluate, manage, and contract regional maintenance contractors to gain economies of scale and ensure contractors are meeting the requirements of their contracts
- Provide on-going direction, guidance and training to maintenance personnel.
Education and Experience
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success in working with teams; strong leadership skills.
- Establish and maintain good relations between Maintenance, Engineering and Production
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative problem-solver and decision- maker.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a Manufacturing Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ability to keep machinery and equipment in good repair to manufacturers’ specifications. Must have a general or working knowledge with ordinary to semi-complex equipment. Electrical and PLC experience a plus. Routine machine lubrication, maintenance and hydraulic systems. Ability to use man-lifts and lift trucks.
- Physical agility required for climbing ladders, stairways and narrow walkways. Requires keen audio visual perception. Ability to operate standard vehicles and office equipment to include telephone, computer, fax, copy machine, etc.