Reports To: Plant Manager
Performs all HR Generalist duties for the Statesville plant. Will be responsible for administering basic human resources functions to include benefits, payroll, leaves of absence tracking, recruiting, new hire/temporary employee coordination, employee relations, coaching and basic HR Generalist functions. Reports to Plant Manager, with dotted line reporting to Director of Human Resources in Troutdale, Oregon.
- Manage all aspects o4f Statesville’s hourly payroll to include getting employees set up in EZ Labor and submitting payroll. Will do all data entry for payroll, except for pay increases. Resolve employee issues with paychecks. Makes copies for any payroll stuffer for the Statesville plant.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws.
- Provide necessary coaching to management.
- Develop employee relationships to facilitate resolution of employee issues or concerns.
- Tracks leaves of absence.
- Ensures that current applicable laws, regulations, and contract requirements are met.
- Coordinate all benefits administration, act as a resource for employees regarding benefits. .
- Coordinate performance review process for plant. Send out review forms to managers, track receipt of forms.
- Maintain TSCO employee list for Statesville.
- Administer worker’s comp paperwork to include OSHA 300 log and 801’s.
- Respond to all unemployment inquiries from the Employment Department.
- New hires – set up interviews, set up pre-employment screening, set up orientation, prepare all new employee files and orientation paperwork.
- Coordinate temporary employee process.
- Track absences/tardies as per Statesville’s Attendance Policy.
- Maintain employee files
- Verify Social Security Numbers in e-verify. Inform HR Director of any non-matches.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- Provide backup to front desk.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by Plant Manager or HR Director.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain politeness and respect to all employees.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to commit to confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Minimum five year experience in Human Resources.
- Minimum one year experience processing payroll, preferably with ADP.
- High school diploma or GED required, PHR certification preferred.
Tube Specialties, a comprehensive tube and pipe fabrication company, which provides the highest quality, yet most cost effective service in the industry. Since 1963, TSCO has been a leading supplier to OEM’s in a variety of industries. Today, we serve a customer base as diverse as our services, with clients in the automotive, trucking, heavy equipment, and outdoor recreation industries, to name a few.
Hiring for day (production/shipping) and swing shift (fork lift driver). Swing shift hours are M – F, 2:30 – 11:00 PM. Day shift starts at either 6 AM, 7 AM or 8 AM, depending on position. Some overtime and/or Saturday work may be required.
Uses machines to produce parts for the next production process or for shipment to customers. These positions are primarily concerned with the changing of tooling and simple operation of the machine, including loading and unloading of parts. Follow TSCO standards, policies and objectives. Knowledge of applying TS16949 guidelines and best practices. Must be able to ensure all bolts are tight and tooling is secure, machine is properly lubricated, proper load, unload and operating sequences are followed, and tooling is cleaned after each use. Must be able to do First Article Inspection and periodic productions runs inspections. Must be able to do basic math, read a tape measure, and pass internal print reading and measurement class.
Must have a general or workable knowledge, average skill and some experience with ordinary and semi-complex equipment to be operated. Must be able to do tooling changes and start-up and shut-down of machines. Must have a general knowledge of pre-determined, routine procedures to include loading and unloading of parts in machines, part inspection, blueprint reading (will train), full scale drawing use and knowledge of inspection tool use. Must have a workable knowledge of common, easy to recognize materials.
Must be able to constantly sustain an exertion and lifting of parts ranging from 0 –35 lbs. Occasional lifting of tooling components weighing 10 – 75 lbs. Continuous mental and visual attention is required. Operation requires constant alertness. Work involves likelihood of irregularity or difficulty. Frequent exposure to tube lubricant and burrs on tubes. Plant temperatures may be hot or cold depending on outside temperature.
Alternatives to the above requirements and desirable qualifications may be made in order to meet the current needs of the organization.
APPLY IN PERSON at 1459 NW Sundial Rd., Troutdale, OR between 8 AM and 3 PM. Resumes will not be accepted. Must be able to pass basic math test with at least a 75% score. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.